Escale à Portofino by Dior

Escale à Portofino by Dior

This is the first from Dior’s “cruise collection”. With its lemony, citrussy and cologney smell it would suit both women and men. Ingredients include Calabrian bergamot, Italian citron, Sicilian petitgrain, bitter almond and orange blossom, which makes it really flat and without imagination. Too simple for me, but it will have it’s customers. Eau de toilette only.

I like the advertising visual that comes with it. A sophisticated, rich women sitting on a sun-baked staircase – it makes me dream of an exotic holiday in Portofino.

If you’re really into all things lemony and citrussy, try Eau D’Hadrien by Annick Goutal which has lemon, citron tree and grapefruit. Goutal had the sense to release this same fragrance twice; there’s a man’s and woman’s version that are exactly the same!

104 thoughts on “Escale à Portofino by Dior

1. mens bracelets says:

I’ve been a fan of Dior fragrances, and I like citrusy smells. I might have to try this out for my wife, but i don’t think would want the guy’s version.

2. article says:

3. Kirk says:

hmmm so it’s good for men as well.. i’m getting a present for my girlfriend and i already have two reasons why i need to get her this.. first, she loves citrus smelling scents, second, i can use it too… 😀

4. smith says:

I think this will be the perfect birthday gift for my girlfriend. I am sure she will love me more when i will bring it for her.

5. bigboy says:

I love Dior cologne and before this hubby is also using mine lol. Now that he has his own version of the scent he really adores it.

6. juicy couture says:

No doubt these are lovely fragrances and anything lovely is always priceless. I noticed that you didn’t write any further post since an year. Why?

7. Angel says:

Thank you everyone for your comments. The fragrance in the UK is £41 for 75ml and £58.50 for 125ml.

A quick google of “Escale à Portofino by Dior” will show you how to buy it online. Any good high street store should have it.

I’m so glad that husbands are buying it for their wives and ladies are buying it for themselves!

8. Lara says:

I have this perfume and it is for each. Thanks for the information about the ingredients because I use it a long time and I do not know what is in it.

9. Tony Lee says:

My wife loves Dior’s products. I’m not sure she’d go for lemony or citrussy. On the other hand, she is so unpredictable I wouldn’t be surprised if she did back flips over Escale à Portofino.

To play it safe though, I now take a recent product she has bought and show the gals at the perfume counter. Their task is to match up something similar to the sample, but not exact.

Although she doesn’t know my trick, it’s kept her happy so far when I buy her a perfume gift.

Thanks for the post!

10. Angel says:

Thank you, everyone for the comments. Janet Fox, maybe you could try Narciso Rodriguez For Her or Midnight Poison by Dior?

11. Freewareking says:

12. bcn says:

meanwhile a read the post, i imagine how smells those fragances and it remeber me the spring in the intalian countryside.

13. Rika's Home Improvement Fun says:

Not sure if the guys will like this one, but I might try it. And, as Jacqui said, of course the one will be more expensive. I find it amazing that beauty products for women are always higher priced – and, best of all, we fall for it time and again. I have found wonderful eye creams in men’s ranges that are just as effective at half the price.

14. Jessica Web says:

I am fan of Dior fragrances too, but now is time to get show us other perfumes from their collection, because summer has passed, and lemony and citrussy smells are to strong for autumn.

15. Rob says:

16. Steve says:

I always like Dior’s products and it is one of tempting fragrance from them. I have tried that it spoiled me completely.

17. Jenna says:

I love Dior. I don’t think my boyfriend would want to smell like lemons or grapefruits though : ]

18. Shelly says:

Is the man’s version more musky, because I don’t see the point of it being in different bottles. Just sell it as a unisex product.

19. Jacqui says:

I don’t know why they do that. Release a cologne that smells the same for both but is sold as a man’s and a woman’s version. And usually one is more expensive than the other!